Below are some questions regularly asked by customers - hopefully you'll find the answer to anything you want to know here, but if there's something else you'd like to ask then you can e-mail me at: HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com
. Alternatively, you can use the contact form
.Payment & Shipping
- Q: What payment methods do you accept?
- A: I accept payments using Paypal. If you have an account then that's great, but if you don't then you can still use your credit/debit card with Paypal and it will send the money for you - just follow the instructions at checkout. Prices are in Great British Pounds (£) but if you are paying in a different currency Paypal will convert it for you.
- Q: Do you ship to my country?
- A: Yes! I ship all over the world: just make sure you pick the correct shipping option at checkout.
- Q: How is my package sent?
- A: Jewellery and pin badges are packaged for posting in a bubble envelope to protect them from the great outdoors. Stickers, notebooks and patches are sent in an envelope with card reinforcement to help them stay as flat as possible. Mugs are bubble wrapped and posted in cardboard boxes.
- Q: When my package be sent?
- A: Packages will be posted 1st class or by International Airmail within 1-2 weeks of payment. If there are any changes to this, for example if I'm on holiday, then there will be a notice on the shop home page. Most packages will not have tracking numbers, but if there is I will email you with a note of this.
- Q: Why is there no tracking number?
- A: International packages are sent by International Airmail which is the cheapest and most cost effective way to post outside of the UK, especially for small items (tracked shipping costs more than the price of a pin badge!). If you would like your package sent by Tracked/Signed For delivery then please contact me BEFORE making an order as there will be an additional charge for this.
- Q: How long will my package take to arrive?
- A: This depends on where it's going! All orders are posted from the UK. Within the UK, packages usually take between 1-5 working days to arrive. Outside of the UK they arrive within an average of 2-3 weeks, however it can take up to 4 weeks if there are delays with the postal system and/or customs. Please do not e-mail me about lost packages until the 4 week period from date of posting is over. It is rare to have orders lost in the post, but common for them to take their time arriving!
- Q: It's been over 4 weeks and my order still hasn't arrived! What do I do?
- A: Please email me at HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com quoting the site you ordered from and your order number so I can locate your order. Please note I can only refund/replace orders within 3 months of the shipping date.
- Q: The address on my order is incorrect, what do I do?
- A: Please check your address carefully whilst making your order and confirm it is correct in your order confirmation email from Etsy. If your address isn't right, please send me a message ASAP and I should be able to correct it for you. I can not take responsibility for items shipped to the incorrect address: remember it is YOUR responsibility to make sure your shipping details are accurate!
- Q: I can't find the answer to my question on this page and I'd like to contact you, how do I do this?
- A: You can e-mail me at HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com or use the contact form.
- Q: Can I return my item?
- A: Items can be returned within 14 days of purchase, unused and in perfect condition for a refund or exchange. Earrings can NOT be returned for hygiene reasons (unless they are faulty). Postage costs will not be reimbursed unless the item is faulty. Let me know if you would like to return an item using the contact button on the left or email me at: HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com
- Q: Do you sell your work on a wholesale basis?
- A: Yes! If you are a retailer interested in making a wholesale order please use the contact button on the left or e-mail me with a bit of information about yourself and your shop so that we can discuss working together.
- Q: Can we have a sale or return/drop shipping agreement?
- A: I am unable to take on any sale or return or drop shipping agreements. My wholesale terms are very reasonable so if you'd like to see them please e-mail me at HOYFCmail [at] gmail.com
- Q: When will X Product be back in stock?
- A: It depends! Some items are limited edition and will never be restocked, others will return in a few days or a few weeks. The best way to find out about restocks, special offers, sales and new products is to follow Hand Over Your Fairy Cakes on social media and/or sign up to the newsletter here.
- Q: Do you have a high street shop from which I can buy your products?
- A: I don't, but I have stockists in the UK and internationally. You can see the current list here.
- Q: How/where do you get your necklaces/pin badges/patches/mugs made?
- A: I'm very unlikely to answer this question! I've put a lot of hard work and trial and error into finding the best way to make my products and tracking down the best suppliers and printers for my business. Also, what is best for me might not be best for your needs, so do your own research and find something that works for you!
- Q: Can you make me a custom order?
- A: I am not currently making custom orders or taking commissions.